Publication date: 15 May, 2013
Welcome to Tarazz.com.au a website operated by Tarazz Pty Ltd ACN 153 497 904 (“Tarazz” or “us”, “we”, “our”, "tarazz.com.au" etc) of G03, 49-65 Coppin Street, Richmond VIC 3121.
Your use of this website constitutes an acknowledgement that you have been made aware of our privacy policies.
Notwithstanding anything else in this Policy, this Policy does not create or confer upon any individual any rights, or impose upon Tarazz or any of its related parties any rights or obligations outside or, or in addition to those rights or obligations imposed by applicable laws. If there is any inconsistency between this policy and the applicable law, the statement shall be interpreted, in respect to the relevant matter, to give effect to, and comply with the relevant law.
This policy includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word 'including' is used, it shall mean 'including without limitation’.
If you require further information, please contact us.
Tarazz Pty Ltd
G03, 49-65 Coppin Street,
Richmond VIC 3121
Customer Service operating hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm AEST (closed on Saturday, Sunday and all Public Holidays).
Use of Other Users’ Information
Control of Your Password
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing your Personal Information
Other Information Collectors
Website Security and Privacy
Notice of Changes to this Policy
We use personal information that you provide to us only for the purposes consistent with the reasons that you provided it, or for directly related purposes.
Our main purpose in collecting personal data is to provide you with a smooth, well organized, secure and tailored online trade experience. The information we collect allows us to provide services and offerings that are most likely to meet your needs, and to customize our services to make your experience simpler and more secure. We only collect personal data that we consider necessary to achieve this level of service.
To access our full services, you must become a Tarazz.com.au member by creating an account. To do so, you will need to provide us with your contact information and other personal data, and set a unique User ID and Password.
We use your financial information, including credit card information, to verify your name, address and other contact information, and to bill you for your purchases or use of our services. Tarazz does not store your credit card information on its servers, although our payment providers may store your details in order to provide refund services.
If you register for our services on another website or use a website providing a service for us or a website that helps facilitates your activity on Tarazz, that website may provide personal information about you and your transactions to us.
We track certain information about all users based upon their usage of the Tarazz.com.au website. We use this data - which is not personal information (– for example: browser types, operating system information, web pages visited etc ) - to complete internal research on our users' demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand and serve you and our community. This data is compiled and analysed on an aggregated basis. The data does not contain anything that personally identifies you or any specific user. However, the data may include the URL from which you came to the tracked page (whether this URL is on our Site or not), the URL you visit next (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which browser you’re using, and your IP address.
We use session cookies in the following manner:
- Log-on and log-off administration - If you decide to register with our site, so as, for example, to use one of our online services, session cookies help with the log-on and log-off process. The cookies enable us to recognize your log-on ID when you log on so that we do not establish a duplicate registration record for you.
- Transactions and site usability - We use session cookies to improve how you navigate through our website and conduct transactions. As examples, session cookies are used to maintain your online session as you browse over several pages; to store and prepopulate information so that you do not have to re-enter the same information twice. Session cookies may also be used to collect referral statistics when you click on a link or ad banner to or from auspost.com.au.
We may also use "persistent cookies". A persistent cookie is a small piece of text stored on your computer's hard drive for a defined period of time, after which the cookie is erased. We do not collect or link to personal information through persistent cookies without your express consent.
We use persistent cookies as follows:
- Site usage measurement - Our site measurement tool uses a persistent cookie to assist us in measuring how and when our web site and its various components are used. It functions as a "visit cookie," so we can determine if you are a repeat visitor to our site. This allows us to know if we are attracting new visitors and what aspects of the site seem most useful. The cookie will expire 30 days after your last visit.
- Log-off safety function - a persistent cookie may be used to automatically log you off of certain websites if there has been no activity for a period of time. This is done for your safety to ensure that, if you have finished using our site but have forgotten to log off, no one else can use your computer via your log on and password. The cookie is permanently removed from your computer when you log off, or, if you have closed the browser without logging off.
- Opt-in cookies - Persistent cookies allow us, at your request, to recognise you when you return to tarazz.com,au or to remember certain information that you have provided us. The recognition feature allows you to log on to tarazz.com.au automatically, without having to enter your name and password each visit. The cookie assigns a random number to you, which we link to personal information you have provided and your site activity. This allows us to personalise the site for you and tailor the content to your needs, for instance to show you banner ads about other products you may be interested in.
Other cookies allow us to remember certain information related to prior transactions, such as package tracking numbers, or mailing or address lists, so we may prepopulate those fields for you on return visits. These features and cookies are strictly at your request and for your convenience.
We will also present you with a convenient way to remove the cookies, via where you manage your account, if you decide later that you want to terminate one or more of these functions. The cookies will expire [one year] from your last visit.
You can configure your internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent however the rejection of cookies may mean some of the website functionality is impacted and you many not be able to access some features of tarazz.com.au. Please refer to your internet browser's instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions.
Use of Users’ Information
If you send us correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
We use personal information about you (including but not limited to the information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site) to determine disputes, troubleshoot problems, help ensure safe trading on our Site, and implement our User Agreement.
At times, we may look at the data of numerous users to identify problems or resolve disputes, and in particular we may examine your information to identify users using multiple email addresses or aliases.
We may use personal information about you to improve our advertising and promotional efforts, to analyse Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to modify our Site's content, design, and services. These uses improve our Site to better meet your needs. Generally, we will not use your personal information to market to you unless we have either your implied or express consent but in situations where it is impractical to obtain your prior consent, we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
You may instruct us at any time to remove any previous consent you provided to receive marketing communications from us.
Every personalised marketing contact sent or made by Tarazz will include a means by which you may opt out of receiving further marketing information.
We may use your information to contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners, administrative notices, product offerings and communications relevant to your use of the Site.
All of our electronic marketing activities (for example e-mail, SMS, MMS etc.) will comply with the requirements of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
All consumer telemarketing be done or authorised by Tarazz will, to the extent that it applies, comply with the:
- Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth);
- Do Not Call Register (Consequential Amendments) Act 2006 (Cth);
- Telecommunications (Do Not Call Register) (Telemarketing and Research Calls) Industry Standard 2007.
As a matter of policy we generally do not share your personal information with third parties. However, there are certain exceptions:
- When the disclosure is authorised or required by law (e.g. disclosure to various government departments and agencies or disclosure to courts under subpoena);
- When the disclosure is in the public interest (eg. Where a crime, fraud or misdemeanor is committed or suspected and disclosure, as compared with privacy, is justified);
- When you have consented to the disclosure.
When we provide personal information to companies who perform services for us or to procure services for you (for example, by placing your order for goods with one of the retailers in the United States of America who offers goods for sale on www.tarazz.com.au), specialist information technology companies, mail houses, our shipping provider Direct Link or to Australia Post, we require those companies to protect your personal information as diligently as we do. Stringent contractual and other quality assurance measures are used to ensure your personal information is protected.
Tarazz is committed to protecting and securing your personal information. We use industry-standard technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from unauthorised disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration..
As a matter of policy, we do not trade or rent any personal information about you to any third party. However, the following describes some of the ways that your information (which may include personal information) may be disclosed:
- Advertisers. We gather personal data across all user accounts and disclose it as aggregated information to advertisers and other third parties for marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Certain information, such as your name, email address and password are never disclosed to advertisers.
- Tarazz Community. Throughout the Site, you are identified by your user name – which is currently your email address. Your username can be used to identify you and your actions throughout the Site. At the time of publication there are no public member functions available for use, but in the future the Website may allow you the opportunity to interact with other users. If you do, your username will be disclosed to other users and third parties. As a result, other users and third parties might send you spontaneous emails and be able to personally identify all of your activities on the Site.
- External Service Providers. There are a number of services accessible by retailers and/or external service providers that help you use our Site. If you choose to use these retailers and/or service providers, disclose personal information to the external service providers and/or retailers or grant them authorization to collect personal information about you, then their use of your personal information is governed by their privacy policies.
- Legal Requests. Tarazz may lawfully disclose your personal information for law enforcement or regulatory purposes. Tarazz cooperates with law enforcement enquires and other third parties to enforce laws, intellectual property and other rights. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary, appropriate or as otherwise permitted under applicable laws, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, piracy or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Further, we can (and by becoming a Tarazz member you authorize us to) disclose your email address, name, street address, city, state, post code, country, phone number, and company as we, in our sole discretion, believe required or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property violation, piracy or other activity that may expose us to legal liability or as otherwise permitted under applicable laws.
By entering into our User Agreement, you agree to respect the privacy of other users' personal information that you access through the Site or through a Tarazz-related statement or Tarazz-facilitated business. In addition, under no conditions will you disclose personal information about another user to any third party without our permission and the permission of such other user after appropriate disclosure. Note that law enforcement personnel and other rights holders are given different rights with respect to information they access. Tarazz and its users do not accept spam. If we reasonably believe that you are not complying with this requirement we will prohibit your ongoing use of the website.
Tarazz transfers personal information to countries outside Australia in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws. The information of your name and address that we collect from you will be transferred to our U.S. distribution centre and shipping provider (Direct Link) in the United States of America. Such processing is required to fulfill your order from the United States of America into Australia.
Tarazz will take reasonable steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and data transfer contracts as appropriate to help ensure this.
Control of Your Password
You are accountable for all actions taken using your email address and password, including payment of any money. Therefore we strongly recommend that you never reveal your Tarazz Account password to any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose significant control over your personal information and you may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should change your password immediately and inform us without delay. If you are concerned about the use of your credit card you should contact your credit card provider.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing your Personal Information
Following registration with Tarazz.com.au, you can review and change the information you submitted during registration including:
- your email address; If you change your email address we may keep track of both your old email address and your new email address
- all other registration information that you provide to us, such as your name, company, address, city, state, post code, country, primary phone number, secondary phone number, fax number and gender
- your password
At your request, we will disable your account, including your contact information and financial information. To make this request, contact us. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible in accordance with our deactivation policy and applicable law.
In some situations we will keep in our files information you have requested be removed, such as: to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, to enforce our User Agreement, or to comply with legal requirements. Therefore, you should not be expecting that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request to disable your account. However, such information will be deactivated from public viewing and usage by other members of Tarazz.com.au, and will only be obtainable to select Tarazz personnel.
Tarazz believes it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity. Tarazz will not knowingly collect personal information from children and if we learn that any member of our community is less than 18 years of age we will terminate that members access.
If we do obtain information from Children for any reason we do not require parental or guardian consent in order to collect and use online or offline contact information to:
- request the name or on-line contact information of a parent/guardian for the sole purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification,
- respond directly more than once to a specific request from a child and the information is not intended to be used to recontact the child beyond the scope of the request;
- to allow parents or guardians to review any personal information collected from their children, subject to verifying the identity of the consenting parent/guardian.
If you disclose your information to other parties, whether they are buyers on our Site or other sites on the Internet, different rules may apply to the way they use or disclose your personal information.
To the level that we use third party advertisers, they remain bound by their own privacy customs and policies. Since Tarazz does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy policies of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Website Security and privacy
We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL). Tarazz is devoted to defending the confidentiality and integrity of the personal information you submit. Our secure server encrypts all personal information (including name, address and contact details) so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
SSL protocol is used to safeguard your sensitive personal information during online transactions. Using this widely accepted form of encryption, your transaction is secured between your personal computer and the computer processing your request. As users enter their payment information, it is captured on a page that uses the SSL protocol by default. All personal and financial information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet. The URL in your browser will change to "HTTPS" instead of "HTTP" when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on its bottom task bar line to indicate this secure transmission is in place. No financial information is stored by us on our servers, and therefore is not accessible through the Internet. The security of your financial details will continue to be a top priority for Tarazz.
For site security purposes and to ensure this service remains available to all users, we employ software programs to monitor network traffic in order to identify unauthorised attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause us damage. Except for authorised law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits other than those uses identified in this policy. Unauthorised modification or misuse of information stored in this system will be investigated and may result in criminal prosecution.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
The Australian Government has published additional information about protecting yourself in online transactions. This is available at http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ (please note this website is not provided by the Tarazz).
Notice of Changes to this Policy